Breakfast is not the only time you can enjoy this delicious dish. For a fiesta twist, fill flour tortillas with scrambled eggs and top with shredded Mexican cheese blend and salsa. Makes 4 servings.
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 slices ready-cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green or red bell pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place butter in 1-quart microwave-safe casserole. Microwave on HIGH, 20-30 seconds or until melted. Tilt casserole to coat bottom.
- Add bacon, onion and bell pepper to casserole. Microwave on HIGH, 1-2 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sour cream. Stir in cheese and black pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into casserole. Microwave on HIGH, 3-5 minutes or until eggs are set; stir every 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
*If desired, substitute uncooked bacon slices for ready prepared. Place chopped bacon in 1-quart microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH, 2-3 minutes or until bacon is cooked. Drain well before using.