This fish dish is guaranteed to please, and perfect for two! Serve along with “dirty” rice for a perfect Creole combo. Makes 2 servings.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) roasted garlic and onion diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cod tenderloin or orange roughy fillets (about 6 oz. each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- Lightly spray 2-quart microwave-safe casserole with no-stick cooking spray. Place onion, bell pepper and celery in casserole. Microwave, covered, on HIGH, 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender. Stir in tomatoes, hot pepper sauce and lemon juice.
- Place fillets in casserole, nestling between vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and paprika, if desired. Microwave, covered, on power Level 7, 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. Let stand in microwave 2-3 minutes before removing.
*Diced tomatoes are available in a variety of flavors. If you cannot find roasted garlic and onion diced tomatoes, substitute 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes and add 1/2 teaspoon of finely chopped garlic.
*A general rule is to allow 3-7 minutes per pound of fish fillets. Microwaving on power Level 7 allows fish to cook and be flaked easily with a fork, without overcooking or becoming tough. Always check fish at minimum cooking time to avoid overcooking.
*Make certain that fish is completely thawed prior to microwaving.
*Always use a tight-fitting cover when microwaving fish. Lighter covers such as wax paper or paper towels allow steam to escape.